Monday, October 27, 2014

Sketching at Harimandir Sahib, in 2012

I always wanted to sketch Harimandir Sahib. So when I visited the gurudwara on Aug 25, 2012, I took about 40 minutes to sketch this. 



When you start drawing, boy do people wana watch you draw! I still remember the scene, it was a very memorable and yet familiar moment.

A crowd had gathered around me and there were people who were passing by, stopping for a few seconds to take a look at what was happening.

There were pilgrims lying on the floor right behind me who were watching me draw. There was this kid, who was observing me very closely. He later told me that he liked to draw and wanted to learn from me. After I finished, we left the temple with some fond memories.


Last year, when I was working on this commission on Harimandir Sahib. I actually used this sketch for the painting!
http://sikhiart.com/for-sale/harimandir-sahib/

No comments: